[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: AC seals/r134a

<< Wait a minute....... nitrile / neoprene / nylon   O rings need nothing
 but
 a good interference fit in their fittings to seal. The part of the of >>

Nitrite o rings need oil to seal (even the green ones) your supposed to oil
o-ring for ease of installation and proper sealing, the only thing I can
think of that does not need oil is a sealing washer (I dont know if BMW uses
'em tho). R134a works ok but because it runs at a higher pressure (and pag
oil doesn't seem to be as good as the mineral oil) some wimpy compressors
(like the one BMW uses) can't handle it but take a good compressor like a GM
A6 and  a bigger condenser (to lower the pressure a bit) R134a seems to work
great. Don't worry tho because there is a ton of R-12 around still.

Just my thoughts,
Dan Chapman
'73 2002tii