[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A4 vs 328

I recently went through this, comparing the 328i vs A4 quattro vs MB c280 vs Eagle Vision B-)

The 328i I tried right before I drove the A4 was the sport edition.  The dealer/sales guy actually
drove the car first (dudes been to a lot of driving schools, the way he was cornering) then let
me have a go.  In short:

328i - Fun. Period.
A4   - Nice, kinda like a fancy Camry B-)
C280 - Very comfortable, but ugly.  Plowed like you wouldn't believe. No 5spd.  Ugh.
Vision - Tried this on a lark.  Actually like it.  Handled ucky, but had good pickup
         (better than a 528, felt like).  Lots and LOTS of gadgets for a very likable
         price.  Again, no 5spd (had some weird AutoStick thingy I didn't like).

I reaffirm my 328i purchase decision just about every day (although I woulda liked to get the
pearl white paint option on it ;-)

Carlos
328i/SE/HK/Non-Pearly Alpine White