[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1 way to find a good body shop anywhere

Many times the digest receives postings from people wanting to find a good
body shop in their area. One tip that can help to find a good shop wherever
you are is to call several body shop supply houses for recommendations. How
do they know? Well, the better shops buy better quality materials, send
their painters to the manufacturer's paint clinic's (many times hosted by
the supplier), etc. There really isn't any incentive for them to steer you
wrong usually (unless maybe their brother-in-law is in the business), but
you can bet that if more than one supplier mentions the same shop, chances
are that they're good. Of course, all the other questions need to be asked
as well: how long in business, etc. Try to find one that's familiar with
the paint BMW uses now (years ago it was Glasurite, but does anyone know
today? All my experience with running my parent's body shop is out of
date.) Hope this helps!

Barrett Nicholas
no BMW yet, looking for a rebuildable '94 e36 w/o frame damage! (I can
dream, right!)