[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

auto trans. questions

Hi.  Just a few questions:

If I have an automatic, how difficult (time and $) would it be to change it to a stick?
It might sound stupid, but I bought an automatic 2 months ago after 18 years of driving
a stick and the automatic transmission is driving me nuts, so I am considering my
alternatives: change the transmission, sell the car or remember my mistake every day for
the next years...

Finally, does downshifting on an automatic have any impact on the longevity of the
transmission (in case I have to live with the automatic...)?

by the way,
Is the OBC supposed to warn me indicating "TRUNK OPEN" if I´m driving with the trunk
open or OPEN DOOR etc.?
I have seen this in a 730i but in my 328i it doesn´t happen. (In the 730 the message
appears on the instrument panel display).

TIA.
J.