[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: fog lights, high beams

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, "Todd C. Merrill" <tcmerrill@domain.elided>
wrote:

>	I just noticed something the other night.  If I'm driving with the
>headlights and fog lamps on and I turn on the high beams, the fog lamps
>turn off (and the green light on the instrument cluster goes out).  I may
>understand that both these types of illumination serve different purposes,
>but why can't I throw as much candlepower in front of me as I've got?

Well Todd, it is the law. Alberta highway traffic act ( provinces/states are
probably similar) states that fog lights be operational only in conjuction
with the low beam. Likewise, driving lights are to work with high beam only.

I was checked stopped once, and police checked all this, even the rear
foglite!

cheers,

                Miro STROMAR, Calgary, Alberta CANADA
                         BMW CCA 132434
                             ______
'95 318i    Montrealblau   o/______\o   e-mail crestest@domain.elided
'73 2002tii Baikalblau     (Oo=00=oO)   Phone 403.253.5695
                            U*----*U