[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: <Dent Remover> with Dent Wizard

>      I've just had 2 dents fixed on my '90 E34 by Dent Wizard, and I'm
>     very happy with the quality work that they've done, my wife coudn't
>     tell where the dents used to be.  It took about 20 minutes to fix each
>     dent on the door,  the standard cost is $129 per panel, up to 4
>     dents/panel.
<SNIP>
>          I recommend this business to anyone who's looking for dent
>     removing shops. Their nationwide phone # is 1800-336-8949.
>          I have no affiliations with Dent Wizard, I'm just a satisfied
>     customer.
>          Tan Nguyen   '90 E34 without dents

Since I believe I was the one who suggested the DW in the first place, let
me say that this price is a bit steep compared to our area.  I think the
going rate around here is less than half that (Boston?) price.  When they
can get access, they do a great job, sometimes, not so great.  If you don't
want holes drilled for access, better tell them first or ask to be told in
advance if such action is necessary.  As people float in and out of the
paintless dent removal business, the level of expertise varies
dramatically.  Ask for credentials and find out what the experience level
is, especially of independents not affiliated with the better franchised
operations.  A money back guarantee is not much help if you're left with a
drilled or punched hole with a rubber plug and a bunch of little dents and
cracked paint where once was only a minor door ding.  Remember, this is a
part of the car business.....ask for a discount, after you've been given a
quote.

Phil Marx    BMWCCA #6021 BMWMOA #2024 (804) 293-8269    fax (804) 293-0817
Bavarian Motor Warehouse, Inc.         Check out our Web page: See our 1600
416 W. Main St.                        Cabriolet and other lovely BMWs.
Charlottesville, VA.  22903            http://www.comet.chv.va.us/bav/