[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tie rod end problems -- 1984 318i

Recenty I was having my car aligned and the service guy said it was not possible
to align because the inner tie rod ends were bad.  I questioned the service guy
and he didn't seem to know what he was talking about in other areas, so...
(obviously this was not at the dealership)  I have looked in a few service
manuals and can't find any reference to an inner tie rod.  Several questions...

1)  Is there a inner tie rod joint located inside the rubber boot?
2)  Is there a way to check the inner tie rod (if one exists)?
3)  Has anyone replaced this on their car?  If so, any pointers?

Thanks,

Donny Barger
Fort Worth, TX
1984 318i