[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> Faulty Door Lock

     PROBLEM:  Driver's side Door Lock (DDL) will not lock. (It feels like
     something is slipping) Note: DDL will UN-lock any configuration
     (locked or deadbolted). All other locks appear normal.

     REQUEST:  Can someone who has a diagram of the DDL mechanism and is
     willing to FAX it to me drop me a line? I took apart the door
     yesterday and stared at it for an hour or so but I really can't see
     what is wrong. (The Chilton manual does not have a mechanical diagram
     although it does have an electrical schematic.) I don't believe it is
     an electrical problem since, with a little external help, I can make
     the DDL operate nominally.

     Muchos Gracias,

     Will Kim
     Arlington, VA
     BMW CCA
     1991 318is

     PS> I guess I'm looking for someone with the E30 Bently manual or a
     Factory manual. I'm assuming the E30 door lock mechanism is similar
     for all makes/models. My car has the double lock feature which allows
     one to rotate the key clockwise so that it remains in a horizontal
     orientation when one pulls it out of the cylinder.