[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: <02> retrofit FI

You can retrofit the fuel injection and electronic ignition from an '84
318i to a 2002 engine.  It requires a reground cam, since the FI does not
need a big cam like carborators do, to get enough fuel.  Pete McHenry at
Precision Performance (910 761-0643) is the expert on this swap, and is
very helpful over the phone.  I bought the injection/ignition setup for
$500 from Pete, but my engine died before I could install it, so I can't
comment on performance, but Pete said that on similarly equipped '02's,
the car with injection was as fast as one with Weber 40 DCOE carbs and a
big cam.

Ian
'76 M2002
'88 535is