[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Flex Disc

Mark Conley says
<I had one of these Flex disks fail in 1 month.  It was shiny looking
<instead of flat black.  Bavarian did give me my money back claiming not
<to know of any problems with the disks and I bought a good one somewhere
<else.

Mark
The flex disc that you got for your car may have been a copy. but without
the part in hand it is hard to tell. Normally german flex disc are dull and
feel like they are gummy from the mold release when they built the part.
More inportant is how you might install or have installed the new flec
disc. The flex disc has marker arrows around the outer edge. these markers
must line up with the flanges on the transmission or the driveshaft (thin
edge toward the flange in question). If lined up wrong the flex disc will
eat itself apart in a very short time from the torque of the engine.
Double check the new installation, it might save you some trouble later on.
Thanks
Spence
http://home.earthlink.net/~mesa/
Parts for BMW & Porsche