[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #186

<< OBC Ugrade, 1997 528i >>

I entered a comment on BMW's Web site lamenting the lack of a
fully-functioned OBC on the 528i.  A couple of weeks later, a very pleasant
gentleman from BMW called to say that the high-line computer *IS* available
as a special order.  He suggested at that time (June?) that it might the fall
before custom orders were available, but that they WOULD be available.

I too am interested in what others find, as the lack of the full-function OBC
is (to me) a critical flaw in the new 5-Series.  (If anyone wants further
info, please contact me, as I am hesitant to release the person's name and
number without his assent.  If enough people reply, I will contact him and
ask for further details.)

=> Mitch Brown
     '92 525i 5-speed (black/black), BMWCCA member