[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:Radar gun jammers

From: BarrettN@domain.elided
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 96 9:34:18 CDT
Subject: Radar gun jammers

Jonathan: I'm a computer engineer, but that's close
enough to an electrical
engineer to have covered a lot of the same material in
school. From what I
know, there really isn't a good, inexpensive passive
way to defeat a radar
gun.....<snip>
<<<<<<

I'm an EE.   I think I can still remember some of the
stuff from my communication systems class.   Yes,
you can jam radar.  All you need is another radar
source (at the same frequency with the cop's radar
gun) emmiting enough power to flood the cop's radar
gun.  You can get really fancy and design circuitry to
send back signals with the right Doppler shift to get
the cop's gun to read any value you wish.  It's not that
hard, and the technology is there.  But then you're
transmitting without a proper FCC license.

If you get caugh, the policeman or woman, the judge,
and the FCC wouldn't be too happy----and either
would you.

All the radar gun jammers are no good since they
don't emit enough power to jam anything.

Now for lasers, that's light.  I'm not sure if FCC deals
with anything concerning light transmission.  And yes,
it can be jammed too.
- -----
anthony