[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> Watch what you say-1984

talltom@domain.elided wrote
>learned my name, without me ever having mentioning it. So, we now have evidence
>of intelegence gathering. Doesn't seem much of a stretch to figuire that this
>thing might run it through NCIC or others, and ask some of the locals for a

Holy rambling posting.. 200 lines and what the heck did you say ?

Just wanted to let you know that intelligence gathering such as our
friend Jeff the police officer (ahh! the devil in blue clothing!)
did to find your name is pretty easy.. just takes but one finger.
*
	(kira) chrisp % finger -l talltom@domain.elided
	[teleport.com]
	Login name: talltom                     In real life: TALLTOM O'CONNOR
	Directory: /home/talltom                Shell: /bin/ksh
	TALLTOM O'CONNOR (talltom) is not presently logged in.
	Last seen at kelly on Thu Aug 29 12:30:13 1996 from espace.dcl.com
	Project: To learn enough UNIX to change this file.
	Plan:
	To go where no user has gone before.
*
Some of us on the digest *like* to use real names when
corresponding.

BTW, remember the US gov't monitors every phone call, email, fax and
probably whatever else it can that bounces around the country.

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i