[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E28> Replacing TRX Wheels and Offset

I am interested in locating some standard size alloy wheels to eventually
replace the original TRX wheels on my '87 535iS. Can anybody tell me what years
and model BMWs are a correct fit for the E28 in 15" or 16" sizes.  What tire
sizes are okay to use in 15" and 16" configurations with NO tire rub?

Since I'd also like to check into aftermarket wheels (new and used) can
somebody tell me what the correct offset is? Does offset requirement vary
with wheel diameter? And when shopping used wheels... how do I correctly
measure offset, please describe procedure.

TIA,

Jonathan
'87 535iS
'72 2002Tii