[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E24> Wheels for 6-Series (M6)

It has finally come time where I am ready to ditch the TRX tires on my M6.  I'd
like to replace them with 255/40-17 tires on 17x9 wheels.  Since this is an odd
wheel size, I will probably have to by 3-piece wheels.  However, I don't know
what offset is required.  Dinan offered wheels in this size for the E24 chassis,
coupled with spacers to allow the tires to be rotated for wear.  So, my
questions are:

1.  Does anyone know the proper offset to allow a 17x9 wheel to fit the E24?
2.  Does anyone know of a 17x9 (or maybe 17x8.5) single piece wheel with the
    proper offset?
3.  Are any modifications required, i.e. fender lip rolling, or camber plates,
    required?
4.  What size spacer does Dinan use to allow rotation?

I eagerly await you replies.

Thanks,
Jim Moran
'88 M6