[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mystery socket on Keyless entry

The electronic module installs as described, but be aware that it's
pretty crowded with other modules behind the glove box. The only real
mystery I found was a small connector in the keyless entry harness,
close to the main module connector, that is not described in the
installation instructions and doesn't have a mate in the vehicle. I
suspect that it is for dealership diagnostic and/or programming uses.
The installation took me about 90 minutes to complete.
This is the connector to the hood trigger. My dealer even
did not connect it! The plug IS there. Just difficult to see and find
because it may be wrapped in black tape  with a bundle of wires.
I recall the wire being purple with yellow stripes. If the hood
sensor is not working, you now know why. I coudn't find the
wire because it is hidden well, but my alarm installer friend did.
I would have preferred a Clifford.
Scott H.-95 M3