[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FAQs & OBC MPG correction

Rick Campbell asked:
>Where are the FAQ's? I only have the old address.

You can get them at the BMW Automobile Enthusiast's Page at:
http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/bmw.html and select the "General FAQs" link.

They're also available via ftp from Richard Welty's (our Digest Coordinator)
site at:
ftp://ftp.wizvax.net/pub/personal/rwelty/Autos/bmw/

Also, there was some discussion earlier about the correct equation for
adjusting the OBC MPG calculations.  The correct equation should be:
NEW CF= OLD CF *(OBC MPG/Actual MPG).  This can also be found at the BMW
Automobile Enthusiast's Page at this link: http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/obc.html
(A couple of months ago I helped Jim Shank correct this on the above
reference after some trial-and-error on my OBC (1996 328is).)

Hope that helps,
- ----
Jim Bassett
For Money: jimb@domain.elided