[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

'89 535i performance mods

        I just purchased a 1989 535i with automatic trans.  I really wanted
a five speed but believe it or not, the car had only 10,000 miles so it is
practically a new car.  The car is completely stock except for the
M-technic body package. I wanted to modify the engine and I have two

1.      AutoThority

        They recommend an engine chip for $375 and their Flowtech intake
package for $219.  They do not have a transmission chip like Dinan.

        They also have an exhaust system for $799.

2.      Dinan

        They recommend their engine and transmission chip for $595. They
don't have an intake package similar to the Flowtech for an 89 535i.

        Other options that they have are a Dinan exhaust system for $995
and an Dinan intake manifold for $995.

        I am really confused as to which company to go for.  Are there
other companies that I should consider?  Should I get some components from
AutoThority and some from Dinan?

        I was also wondering when is an Inspection II usually done to a car
and what does it usually mean?  Is there such a thing as an Inspection III?
The car has low miles but I am thinking of having a full service done just
because of the age of the car.

        Thanks in advance and I hope that there are other 535i owners out
there who could share their experiences.

James
89 535i
75 02