[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> Jackie's Bimmer

I don't think this has been on the bimmernet b4. Here is the complete
Sotheby's catalog description of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy
Onassis' bimmer. It's on page 568, the last item in the auction, April
26, 1996. [always end on a high note]:

1992 325; 4D, automatic, ABS, stock wheels, lagunengrun (dark-green
metallic) with tan interior.

"The indicated mileage is 10,032 and is believed to be correct."

[BW: Note Sotheby's caution. Would Jackie set an odometer back? It's more
believable that she only drove it a few thousand miles a year.]

"The BMW 325i is noted for its sports car-like handling and
acceleration, with all the creative comforts of a luxury sedan."

[BW: Note that Sotheby's is surer of the 325's handling than it is of
Jackie's odometer. A flat assertion; no `believed to be' here.]

[Expected price]: "$18,000-$22,000."

[BW: I don't know what it actually went for. Probably more, as most of
the auction stuff did.]

Necrophilac quiz time:

	If he were alive, what bimmer (or alternative) would JFK be driving?

	Aristotle Onassis?

 Barry Wellman             wellman@domain.elided          8-)