[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Cover of Sept. Roundel -- E21 w/ single Headlights?

Jay,

yes, here in Europe we have single headlights E21s (but no four-doors !).
Equipped with the single headlights by the factory were the small 4-cyl.
cars of the series: 316, 318 (carburetted) and 318i (guess: ...injected).

For the reason that they were obviously the low end of the line, many people
"upgraded" to the double headlight grill.

Personally, i think that the single headlight grill is very nice for
understatement: Recently, i checked out an Alpina B6 (E21 with engine from
528i) with single headlight grill. Looked definitely neat !

Hope this helped,

Olav
(Hannover, Germany)

P.S.: We may have single-headlight-E21s - but not the "Roundel", so i don't
know what's better...