[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

96 or 97 E36 M3's

Fellow Digesters,

How to spot a 3.2l E-36 M3.

Not to long ago I was looking into trading in my '94 325is for a new 3.2l M3.
The new ones have been available in the New York City Area since early June, as
a 1996 model.  Externally there are only two differences on the 3.2l cars: 1-
black grill in the front spoiler (not color coded), and 2- the Motorsport rims
do not have the words "bmw" and "motorsports" on them, they instead have a small
M logo by the lug nuts (also the tires come in different sizes front to back).

All other changes to the model have been noted before by numerous people.

Hope you can spot the new ones.

Chet.