[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Speeding tickets!

Davor asked
>well, since I bought my '93 325i at the and of April I've gotten
>3 (yes, three) speeding tickets....
>Anyone with similar experiences?
>Should I get a radar detector?

*yes* very often police seem to target the nice cars such as
BMW's. I've been followed for seemingly no reason, so has my GF (she
commutes in my E30 325i), and I've seen police wait just for me before
activating their radar gun.

Learn to live with it, get a radar detector ( hey, if it saves you
from one or two tickets it's worth it ) and be extra vigilant.

>Problem is: I'm in Virginia where they are illegal.

Same as for me - in Ontario they are illegal. There are various
undetectable units on the market (Bel ST series, Valentine..) You
might still get burned for using one but still, if it has saved you
from a couple of tickets it's paid for itself.

Or you could stop speeding. Hahahahhahahah. sigh.

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i