[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

K&N filters

Jim C writes:

> This is the POINT Dan .. NO ONE has ever shown me a study .. conducted
> under STREET driving conditions that showed ANY additional particulate
> induction from a K&N filter vs. a paper one .. or an AMSOIL one for
> that matter ..
>
> If someone will show me a valid test, I'd be MOST grateful!
>
> Jim C.

The auto forum on Compu$erve had a number of people who were testing their
oil at labs and reporting the results.  I did not save the thread, but my
recollection was that the K&N did a fine job -- better than anyone expected.
YMMV and all that, but if you have access to Compu$erve you might want to
post a question about this issue and see if some industrious person has
saved the thread and can pass it along.

  -- Adam Rodman

Adam World -- Where Chaos Is King