[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Yes, I have been "hit" and I am *not* amused !!!

Hello everyone !

Firstly my apologies to any & all for wasting bandwidth on a previously
chewed topic. My flame-suit is parked but my attack-mode is activated !!

The Topic is Birdcrap.  :-(  x  10E23

Both our cars are less than 90days old and yesterday morning I found 3
small dime sized crap spots on the trunk & hood of my 328iC. Okay out
with the paper towels & hot water. They were only small spots and could
not have been on the paint surface for more than 9 hours most of which
was at night.

Well, the rest of the story is obvious - our feathered crap factories
had done their best and succeeded. The clear coat has been eroded and
Zymol does not touch the marks (Do I hear Bon Ami?!!).

328iC is 20days old. Has been pampered with run-in speeds & washed and
Zymoled as needed, but there is something wrong with the picture for a
$46K car to be so easily suseptible to environmentals like birdcrap.
Watching a car 24x7 is absurd.

I was under the impression that paint and/or clear cloats are meant
to protect the car from the weather, elements etc etc.... at this
rate cars painted 5 years ago will fare better than cars a year old.

So the bottom line is - Has BMW NA or BMW AG been made aware of this
problem with water based paints?

Is there any polish that will stop the crap from eating the clear
coat?

Can a new non-water-based clear coat be applied?

I have spoken with my dealer and their knowledge is limited to cases
of acid rain. (oh boy!)

Please email me directly if need be.

Again, thanks for the bandwidth.

TIA for any suggestions.

Brad & Kyra
96 328iC 5sp Sports, Samoa Blue    (Tardis)
96 318ti 5sp Active, Arctic Silver (????)
917-863-7744
917-873-6697 cellulars.
BMWCCA #133113
  Axiom #4  There is NO Justice, only mercy. (MacLeod, The HighLander)

  Axiom #5  There is NO Truth, only data to be manipulated. (Song
Lyrics)

  Axiom #6  Don't owe the person who did you a favor,
            try the next person who is really in need of one.
            (The AP Friday Principle" - Robert Heinlein)

  Axiom #7  This day just cost you a day of your life - was it worth it?
            (Author unknown)

  Axiom #15 LIFE is what happens between your other plans.
            (A wall in Cuffs)