[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M3 Floating Rotors are here!

All-

I wanted to let you know that the M3 floating rotors have arrived.  (I'll be putting them
on my 94 production M3.)  Boy, do these things look great!  There's three nice, big
"///M"s on them.  (Looks like I'm going to need some high-temp resistant paint in three
colors prior to installation!)  These rotors came from Motorsport and will fit with no
problem at all.

The list price is $186.  I got them for $135 from Keith Robertson at Sunshine BMW in FL
(813.943.9350 tell him I sent you).  These rotors are directional, so there are two
different part numbers.  Fronts only.

The 'floating' rotor is supported by 12 posts which attach to the central 'hub', so very
little heat is transferred.

I'll be bringing these to the next M Car Gathering for a little 'show and tell.'  I can
show, and Chuck (Mr.
Dinan-Supercharged-Zero-Performance-Anxiety-Accelerates-Faster-Than-Michael-Johnson-Stops-Faster-Than-Super-Dave-Sans-Parachute-M3) Quarton can tell you how well they work.

More to follow later on the M Car Get Together (SF Bay Area).  Let me know if you're
interested in attending (If you haven't already)...

- -Richard Biscevic