[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E30 hesitation problem

On 9/3 Byron Pinkston wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>I need help on an 84 325e which hesitates on acceleration only when
>the engine is warm. (normal temp)  The hesitation is very noticeable
>over 2000rpm.  However, when the engine is cold acceleration is
>very smooth.

Byron - Hesitation always make me think of a lean condition.  Either an
excess of air or a lack of fuel.  Make sure and check all around for
vacuum leaks.  This can be done by spraying something like carb cleaner
around intake manifold, its hoses, and dipstick tube.  Are you sure the
Mass Air sensor is working correctly?  What happens when you unplug it.
Try unplugging the O2 sensor and see if it improves.  Do you have a way
of checking fuel pressure?  If not, try blocking off the return hose and
see if the condition improves.  Just some thoughts...

Good luck,
Stu Raike, St. Louis
'92 325i
'88 M3