[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 Handling Problems

WebForum-Gateway-HEADERS:
WebForum-Sender: (Aatos Lehtila) <Lehtila@domain.elided>
WebForum-Sender-URL: none yet
WebForum-Reference: http://issco-www.unige.ch/WebForum/
WebForum-In-Reply-To:
*** NOTE *** Send mail to <Lehtila@domain.elided> to reply to originator of message.

I just stumbled onto this forum a few days ago and signed up, but not in time to
catch all the messages related to quirky handling over truck ruts.  I have a '94
318is (I've owned an '82 320, an '84 318i and an '86 325) and am experiencing
really erratic handling on most Canadian highways because of truck ruts. I've
 replaced Pirellis after a few thousand kilometers and now my rear Michelins
 because they wore out before 30000 Kms (about 18000 mi).  I think the
problems are related.  BMW Canada thinks the tire wear is normal, and is
telling they will look at the alignment (which was checked before the Michelins
went on) to see if it is within spec.  For those of you in California who experience
the handling problem, I extend an invitation to come up here to drive through
those ruts in the winter, when they are coated in ice and snow.  Anyway, has
anyone found the problem AND a solution?  How about rear wheel toe-in?

Lehtila@domain.elided