[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 rear wheel rub w/235 40 17 wheels

Hi everyone,

I was contemplating putting 17 x 8 rims with
235 40 r17 on my 93 325is.

I talked to the people at the Tire Rack and
they told me with this setup I would have
rubbing on the rear tires.  They suggested
going no larger than 225 45 17 to avoid this
problem.

I was also going to change the springs to Eibach
or H&R's to lower the car as well.

Has anyone experienced this rubbing problem with
the 235 40's.  I was told by the BMW service
mechanics that making the switch would be no problem.

I would like to switch over to the 235 40's, but I
would like to avoid having to have the fenders rolled
or modified to prevent the rubbing.

If anyone has any experience with a lowered E36 with
larger 17 inch 235 40's I would greatly appreciate any
advice that you all may have.

Thanks
Chris D.
93 325is