[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Midwest Motorsports

I know I've talked about this before, but every so often someone asks...

for those of you in chicagoland looking for an EXCELLENT BMW mechanic
and tuner...

Midwest Motorsports, run by Leo Franchie (sp - sorry Leo); who opened
his doors 26 years ago after returning from his honeymoon with the dream
of opperating a BWM only service place, and a racing team (guess he
really liked thoses 2002's!).  Anyways, he has a shop in Glenview IL,
near the now closed Air Base.  847.998.9150 Leo wrote the turbo article
in the yellow BWM's Companion book by Rondell.

I have taken my '94 325i there since i bought it in January.  Back then
I thought it was a kickin car, but after Leo replaced my NGK spark plugs
with Bosch, and put in his <own> chip, WOW!  But what really impressed
me is he did a through inspection and test drive on my car... and told
me what I needed to replace imediatly, in 3, 6 and 12 months.  Helps to
know what is needed when... especially so I can plan upgradeds!

Next, I needed to upgrade the suspension.  The car had 50,000 miles on
it, and the rear shocks were "soft"... so I got a Dinan level iii
suspension.  Super WOW!

At Midwest, they take the time to get to know you, and your car.  They
even wash my car every so often (by hand)... even when it is clean
(which it usually is :-)

While waiting there for oil changes or break pads, i have meet people
who have Midwest installed dinan supercharged m3's, L6;s, M6's, M5's,
7's, 8's, 3's, club racers, m3ltw's, and some strange bmw desil powered
motor home!  And they ALL sware by Leo with their prescious cars...

midwest motorsports
847.998.9150

tell Leo that dave kelly sent ya!

dave kelly