[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> 17" Wheels & Tires on 318ti

I've been searching for a set of 17" rims for my ti, but have also run
into conflicting reports about sizes.

BMW's own 96/97 wheel catalogue states that max. rim width is 7.5" and
tires should be limited to 215/45R17 or 225/45R17 (I would assume that
BMW uses Michelin MXX3's as a reference).  A steering angle stop must be
installed, and the car MUST be equipped with the M Sport chassis (the
Sport package to everyone here).  Now, in European Car, they just fitted
a ti with 17 x 8" rims and 235/45R17s, with a claim of no clearance
problems (this car had the Sport package).  Just to throw in another
scenario: several issues ago, European Car also shod a ti with 18 x 8"
rims.

Does anyone here know and/or have experience here?

Thanks
Shawn
'95 318ti (Jet Black/Anthracite, Sport Pkg., K&N)