[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 hesitation problem

Hi everyone,
I need help on an 84 325e which hesitates on acceleration only when
the engine is warm. (normal temp)  The hesitation is very noticeable
over 2000rpm.  However, when the engine is cold acceleration is
very smooth.  Idle is always solid.  The problem developed over a
2 week period and sometimes will go away for a few minutes while
driving.  Of course, I bought it used and here's a list of some parts
which needed replacement that did not solve this problem:
Replaced - Spark plugs, Air intake Boot, Valve cover gasket,
Transfer Pump, O2 sensor (which solved idle problems)
I've tried two different brands of injector cleaner.  Cleaned the
intake/throttle plate.  I've tried the easy stuff too like...different brand
gasoline, checked for air intake leaks, and tested Air Flow sensor
(whatever it's called).  I'm kind of lost now on what could cause
this hesitation problem.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Bryon Pinkston
pinkston@domain.elided