[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E34> Oil Change light won't reset

I stumped. The 'ol 1992 535 won't allow itself to reset.

1) I shorted out pins 7 and 19, switched to ignition position 2 and tried
like 20 times, but no reset.
2) No motronic faults (I checked)

Can the niCads be burnt? ( I kinda doubt it, but???) Like I said, its a '92
and I spent 6.5 months of daily driving to get it from 5 greens to the Oil
Service interval. Otherwise the electronics never act up. Although a few
times in the middle of winter last, when the temp hit -30 the multi segment
display read "check control". This after the car sat for >8hrs outside in
- -20 temps and full wind chills. Once I parked indoors overnight, and things
warmed a little, no warning. This was not repeatable unless it was VERY cold.

Anyway, any clues here?

I may try buying a cheapo ($38.00CAN) service reset tool from Euro Car Parts
in London when I go there in October and se what transpires.

Thanks.

Martyn Kerluk
'92 535i