[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How do I remove the bolts on the cover of '93 M5 wheels?

> Does anyone know what kind of tool is used to remove the 12-point Torx-like
> bolts that attach the 5-spoke wheel cover to the forged alloy BMW M5 (1993)
> wheel?

BMW calls them "serrated" bolts, some call them tri-square, and I can't
at the moment think what else they are normally called (and can't type
what _I_ called them!), but I got the tool at Trak-Auto in their
specialty tools section as part of a set.  They work even though I took
them out by "punching in" a hex bit to get them out once.  They aren't
cheap, but then you have an M5!  By the way, where are you located?
- --
Pat Donahue
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL