[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Snows for 45-Series radials

The new 540i 6-speed looks really interesting, but I live in New England.
 Skating around on 235/45-17 tires is not my idea of fun -- even with a
manual and ASC+T, I'd expect deep snow to be a challenge.

I think the M3 has similar size rubber -- anybody have any ideas?  The
salesman said that there are at least 3 manufacturers who make a snow in that
size.  Has anybody tried them?

I also thought about a Minus One or Minus Two conversion to
smaller_wheels/narrower_tires, but I'm told that they won't clear the brakes.

=> Mitch Brown
     '92 525i 5-speed (Jet Black/black leather); new BMWCCA member, too!