[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> Creaky Pedals, Painting Trim

	As of late I have noticed that when my car is cold the clutch pedal
creaks. It sounds exactly like a rusty screen door. The creak goes away as
the car gets warm. Is there an easy way to oil this? Also, my brake pedal
does the same thing when it is depressed slowly. It doesn't go away when
the car gets warm though. Neither creak affects the action of the pedals.
It's just getting to be really annoying.

	One other thing, I have an '87 325is which has the "old" bumpers. I don't
like the way they look at all. Also, everyone has been talking /
complaining about keeping the trim looking black. I was wondering if
anybody had thought of painting the trim either semi-gloss or gloss to
match the body color? I have a black car so i think it would like
particularly good. Also, I want to paint the chromish bumpers black too. My
bumpers have this "etching" in them. I can't feel it with my hands but
nothing takes out. Has anyone had any experience doing this yet? I know Dan
Chin had his bumpers powder coated and it looks pretty good.

Steve Meade
smeade@domain.elided
'87 325is blk/tan 132k soon to be JC chipped