[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> 325ic questions

Hi all,

	I just purchased a new toy to replace my trusty 86 325, a RED 88 325ic. I
have a couple of quick questions for those of you who have had the pleasure
of owning one!

List of electrical gremlins:

1.  Dash light behind the tach is burnt out. Is there a good Radio Shack
replacement (I am comfortable soldering!) for this light. Are there any
special tools needed to replace it (specifically a steering wheel puller?).
The Haynes repair manual makes it look pretty simple.
2.  The drivers door power lock will only lock if it is turned to the
deadbolt  (horizontal) position. Why?! The trunk lock, locks all the doors
fine!

General questions:
1.  What is a good product to keep the leather looking good. Unfortunately
the car will be outside all the time :(  and I want to keep the black
leather looking good and not cracked!
2.  What do I clean the rear plastic window with?
3.  Anything problem areas I should be aware of (different then a 325)

Thanks!

Justin B. Helmig
jhelmig@domain.elided