[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<e28> Stereo Upgrade

I just finished installing me system in my 85 535i. I would make a
reccomendation to anyone planning to upgrade an e28 series veh to consider
the use of  Blaupunkts RL series 5 1/4 plate speakers and a 10" subwoofer.
The pair of this 2 items really helps out the base response without making
any modifications to the vehicle. There is a companyt called Phoenix Gold
that makes a remote bass control unit that can be wired to the glove
compartment. I managed to complete the whole installation with only 1 hole
being drilled, and that was in the trunk floor for an amplifier ground. If
anyone is looking for more detail let me know and I can give specifics, there
is no need to modify the back deck for bigger speakers to get better bass.

Derek Atkin.
85 535i 131k