[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Radar Detectors

Chris! Superb dissertation. A tip of the hat.
For one on a budget the Bel is the choice hands down.
However, in my experience cops single out Bimmers. And in more instances
than I care to recall... Just as I'm a itchin to tickle the firewall
with my toenails "zap" the Valentine goes off. Some AH in a POS is doing
10-15 mph faster on my left and I back off... he/she, in most cases,
does not get busted. The cycle jock with the gun is eyeballing me hard
as I go by. Give it a break.. a white BMW! Doesn't matter! So for me
I'll pay the extra 200 to get a heads up. Now if one drives over the
limit as a way of life, why waste your money .. They will get you.. it's
just a matter of how long. How does the Bel do on multiple radar guns?
Again, in my experience have been situations that the cops double and
triple! team an area. Lord how the money rolls in!
I really like the compactness of the Bel. Mr. Valentine has been a
designer of radar and detectors from the git go. For cops and us. I
still have my Fuzzbuster from the '70s.. a paperweight now but a great
tool in its time. Another feature I like with the Valentine is the
optional cigarette lighter plug in console. Keeps all the flashing red
lights down out of rear view. Not a distraction when one becomes attuned
to the different audio alerts. Went past a photo radar unit by a school
tonight ... Rounded a circuit of several blocks several times just to
get the feel of my units response in different angles and situations...
This is what one must take the time to do if you expect to remain ticket
free.
Thanks again Chris for providing the tech data to my sales pitch. Stock
purchases in both companies wouldn't be a bad idea. I have no financial
or other interest in either company. Just a satisfied user of an
American product and an appreciator of the Canadian competition.
:^)

Bob Dillon
'91 325iX - White - with a Valentine in it.