[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dings, M3 Interest Group Newsletter, M3 Stereo Update

3 Birds with 1 Stone.

1. Removing Dings, Minor Dents, etc. without painting....

In the South Jersey/Philly area, AutoDent is THE place.

Call Tony LaBella (owner) at 609-424-1500.

2. Russ Wiles maintains M3 Registry and issues a real fine quarterly (or so)
newsletter devoted to M3s. Annual cost is $12. Addresses are:

E30/E36///M3 Interest Group
826 S. West Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104-4641
or
email to: rwiles@domain.elided

3. '95 M3 Stereo Update

Thanks to all who responded to my tale of woe. Responses were "it sucks",
"rip it out", and so on. BMWNA Factory Rep looked at it...note - he didn't
bother listening to it - and said it is the ONLY system BMW put into '95 M3
[remember 250 watts identification is TOTAL crap...defined by BMW to me as
"peak power at peak distortion" - they later in early '95 called it 200 watt
system - peak power at 10% THD - plus it 20 watts into 10 channels.
Basically...BMW is saying - it is what it is. Sucko and Vanzatti for such a
fabulous performance car.

To cut to the chase what I did is as follows:

Sony ES CDX-X810DSP [head unit] - cd receiver (in-dash) with built-in amp at
35 watts RMS power at 1% THD into 4 channels, digital signal processor, etc.
Sony ES CDX-91 - 10 cd changer (in trunk).
MB Quart Soundset up front - Model QM 325.21 - 3-way speaker system designed
for BMW E36 2-door model, including: 5.25" woofer, 4" midrange with
coaxially mounted .75" titanium tweeter.
Left rear speakers alone for now.
Installed cost approx. $1800.

Result is SPECTACULAR!!!!

If you live in Philly/South Jersey area, I HIGHLY recommend you talk to:

Mike Balzer at Suburban Auto Radio. ph 609-854-7997. Location at 219 White
Horse Pike in Oaklyn, NJ.

Live life in a grand way!