[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tire Pressure - Engine Oil

     I am still on my honeymoon and deeply in love -  with my BMW of course
     - 2 weeks old.  I have a 96 318ti - sport package with the 16 inch
     sport wheels and 245 50 ZR 16 Pirelli P6000.  I am running them at 33
     lbs front and rear.  I do mountain driving and "2 lane spirited
     driving" - no track or autocross.  What would you folks recommend for
     the optimum inflation pressure.  I am gravitationally challenged (fat)
     and notice tire roll on really sharp, fast right hand turns with the
     33 settings. I would say it's perfect for left turns.  Any advice??

     Also any word on a brand of oil to use.  I live where it's recommended
     to use 15-40.  What brand and viscosity is in the engine out of the
     factory??

     I truly apologize for these basic questions, but I would really
     appreciate any help you could send my way. I want to take care of my
     mistress and plan to grow old together with her.

     Joe Benson
     Portland OR
     jbenson@domain.elided
     96 318ti white w sport pkg