[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 Shocks

My 1991 318is has about 80,000 miles and its time to replace the shocks.
 Years ago, I installed a set of Bilsteins on my '73 tii and I was generally
very pleased with their performance.  However,  both of the front
shocks seized within a couple of years and were grudging replaced by
the vendor.  I hate to go through that again.  Is this experience unique?

My objective is to improve on the orginal shock but I am not interested in
autocrossing or racing.  Just something that will give me more precise
handling and a slightly firmer ride.  Any recommendations?  Are Konis a
reasonable alternative?  Boge?

Steve Ballard
Mobile, Alabama

1991 318is
1972 R50/5

P.S.:  I vote for keeping the digest technical - let's try to make the Digest
what the Roundel was in the '70s.