[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Decent deal on Alpine5 - cd changer

<snip - previous details on CD changer compatibility & price>

Jeff wrote:

Mesa Performance is now making the Pioneer cd changer and
adaptor available at the $400.00 price point. It's not yet on their online
catalog, but you can email them at mesa@domain.elided for more info,
if you're interested.  I don't think they have a solution for the Alpine5 as
of yet, but if you come up with the cd changer that will work, I'm sure they
can do a bit better on the price than the BMW dealers.

Best,

jeff

____________

My additional comments:

As per Jeff's suggestion I called Don at Mesa Performance a few weeks
ago and he was very helpful. His discounts for the Pioneer changers
were very good. If I recall correctly, he was quoting me somewhere around
$250 for refurbished units and somewhere around $400 for new ones. He
also had a 10 disk Sony solution that was a bit more, $450 I think.

However, as many have realized, there is no after-market changer
currently available that will mate with the Alpine5. Don confirmed this.
The only changer that will work is the factory one. The best he could do
on the CD changer for the Alpine5 was $740. That's quite a bit more than
what the other dealers quoted. I didn't call Don to see if he could beat
those prices. Maybe he can. Best advice - shop around.
Michael
michael_muramoto@domain.elided