[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Z3 Power!

Just test drove a 5-speed Z3. Here are my two cents: very nimble
handling, very tight body (ok so it's new), MORE than adequate power
around town (Boston), and beautiful fit and finish (makes the 3-series
look dowdy, which, of course, it is). Here's my question: why would a 6
cylinder engine be a good thing in a car this light? Yes, I know there
are folks out there who like to race these things around tracks, but for
a non-racer the 4 cylinder seems more than adequate. Ok, now tell me why
I'm wrong...Also, anyone had experience with these things in the
snow/winter? I realize most were delivered in the Spring or later, but I
am aware that some early bird buyers took delivery before the last snow
fall of the season. Thanks.

Perry Fagan
BMWCCA member, no BMW yet.