[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Leather Seats, again.

	I have been trying for over a month to find out what parts of the seats,
front and rear, in my 1992 525i are leather and what parts are not. I have had
several replies, but all differed and none were from a fellow owner of a 92 525i
with a leather interior who could speak with authority.

	I finally called, then wrote, BMW of NA. They called back and first said
none of the seats were leather; the Germans shipped only vinyl seats that year.
When I called them back and read from them the original window sticker,
"upholstery: parchment leather" and "leather upholstery, $1,200", they said they
checked with "the technicians" and they didn't know which parts were leather and
which were not. Big help!

	I do not ask out of idle curiosity: one of the BMW FAQ cautions against
using cleaners/conditioners designed for leather on vinyl and vice-versa. I have
Lexol cleaner and conditioner for the leather and Vinylex for the vinyl. Love to
get started but am worried about ruining the leather and/or vinyl.

	Much obliged in advance to anyone who can speak authoritatively on this
question.

	BobG