[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: M535 problems

 >I hope that I can get a few answers to a couple of nagging problems on =
my
1985 M535 Euro. They are as follows:

>1. Gas odor on cold warm start ...=20
My 87 325is had a pin hole (not visible at all) leak in the fuel hose =
that runs along the fuel rail (mounted lenthwise on the intake =
manifold). I never would have found it with the motor turned off because =
it left no wetting on the hose itself. If you have not looked for a leak =
with the motor running then do so. My car had the same slow to start =
problem as well as the fuel odor that you mentioned.

>2. Poor braking immediately after acceleration ...
No doubt, it sounds like the brake (bomb) accumulator. I had go out in a =
similar fashion on my 635csi a few years ago. If your mechanic didn't =
think of checking the accumulator out, then I would look into finding a =
mechanic that is more familiar with BMWs.=20

3.Sorry, no idea.

>4. Anyone have a great place to purchase a rear muffler for the above =
vehicle.=20
Call some of the dealers that advertise in the Roundel. I have ordered =
factory parts many times from BMW Foreign Cars of Hunterdon (Lebanon, =
N.J.) 800-992-9093. They have had some of the lowest prices that I could =
find from a dealer and have never srewed up my order. They discount up =
to 25% for club members. You Are A Club Member Aren't You?

Hope this helps.

Ron Wheeler
wheel@domain.elided
533i - 189k, like new.
325is - 122k, great in the snow!
635csi - 87k, sold it, miss it, looking for another.
Volvo wagon - dog shuttle