[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> Monterey Historics

Friends,

Certainly alot has been said about the wonderful weekend that many of us had
the good fortune to attend and I just wanted to add my $.02.

BMW AG and BMW NA pulled out all stops to make their contribution first rate.
For those who were not there, I can easily to sum it up--I hope this is what
heaven is like.

While this Digest brings us together cyberly and we share so much from "my car
is great and I can't wipe the smile off my face" to Zymol.  There is nothing
to compare to seeing the history of the marque as well as the future laid out
over several acres.  From the BMW tents to the displays of the '96 models  and
the North American debut of the M Roadster to the BMW Corral with more BMWs of
all types (and their proud owners) just sitting there, just waiting to be
admired.  I have to mention those well-designed BMWCCA sanctioned t-shirts and
polos.

Can't forget to mention those great factory race cars and drivers that tested
the "new" Laguna Seca track.

As a recent BMW convert (but a life long car afficiendo), I think (even with
mediocre barbecue lunches, next time get the fried calamari--remember, this is
Monterey) it was one of the best "car" weekends I've spent on this planet.
The gatherings from the Concours Italiano to the Aquarium and the Cole
auctions were just too much fun.   Although I missed it, I heard Ken
Robertson's tour of Big Sur was a hoot! I just hate to see this thread and
shared memories pass on so quickly to brake dust and squeal.

Larry Seiden
95 M3 modified, but not enough
Does God like German cars better than Italian?