[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nitrous Oxide on BMW's

Hello-
Has anyone ever tried using Nitrous Oxide Systems in their BMW for
added performance or competition events?

I plan on using 40HP Shot Dry Manifold system for my 318ti This sept 8
at Sears Point Import Drags. My plan is to place the Nitrous injector in
the intake pipe before the AFM. This way, I can just change the Intake
when I'm not using Nos. Would nitrous affect any sensor reading I should
be concerned about?

After the race I plan to remove the system. Would using Nos for this one
event affect my engine life? I plan on getting head work done within
20,000miles anyway. If parts are quickly worn due to nos, would they be
replaced when I get the head work?
Figure one event consists of about 5 quarter mile runs using nos. Would
I have to order a new chip from JC which is programed to use nos?

Thanks,
Ruell-
1995 318ti Dinan susp.JC Chip,Intake, Exhaust, T.Bod.