[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30 M3> Air Conditioning (Compressor Clutch)

Not being known for my AC trouble shooting skills (if it doesn't work, tear it off since
it's only adding weight) I need some help.

The clutch is not engaging on the AC compressor on my '88 M3.  The light comes on in the
dash and the blower works.  The fuse (20?) is OK.  I do not get 12 volts on the wire
that runs down to the compressor right by the wiper fluid reservoir.  Is the pressure
sensor bad?  Is this the two prong connector with the white block type pig tail by the
view glass, or is it the one with the rubber boot that connects right where the view
glass is.  Does any one have a clue as to what I'm talking about.  Summers coming to an
end so maybe this doesn't even matter...

matt brumwell
smoky mountain 'cca
'75 2002 no air '87 535is no tranny     '88 M3 no air