[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E12> Spark plug gap?!

Hi all-

Quick question, what do all of you U.S. 528i owners use for a
spark plug gap?  The three sources of information that I have
(Haynes, Chiltons, and original owners manual) all have a different
value.  Turns out I use the Haynes when I last did the plugs (3
weeks ago), which quotes the largest gap of the three (0.7mm), and
am experiencing a slight misfiring, especially when 'compression
braking' or 'engine braking' or whatever you want to call it (coasting
downhill in gear).  My feeling is to go with the owners manual, but
thought I should ask.

On the paranoid side, have I done any damage to the engine in driving
around like this, or just poor performance?

TIA

Ryon
'81 528i
'95 VW Golf (Ready for new plugs yet?)