[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CD player for 328is

  Hi J. P.

 I looked into the option of using an after market CD changer and
all the ones I could find required blanking out one of the FM stations.
That is they are not compatable with the BMW Alpine or Pioneer radios.

 However, I was able to purchase the factory CD player from (sorry for
the ad) Global Imports BMW (1-800-235-2987) for $594 including shipping
from Georga to CT. That included the CD changer, the storage cover
and the mounting brackets. The instalation is a snap. Remove the battery
cover and the tail light section from the trunk. Then pull the liner away
from the wheel well (right side). The wires for power and control are
hidden behind this panel. Pull the wire out and replace the panel, etc.
Fasten the CD changer to the bracket, plug in the wires and bolt the
Change in place. Done!

 The advantage of the factory player is that once installed, It is covered
by the  BMW warranty.

 I also purchased the M3 rocket panels from them. Their service was very
good. I had the CD changer in 3 days. They had to order the rocker panels
and called me when the first set arrived in a chushed box. The parts were
ok but they wanted to make sure it was ok with me, and to let me know why
they would be repacked. Also offered to have the panels painted for me.

  john k...